Tour Guide Training
I have used my experience and training as a tour guide to develop new guide training for both wildlife guides and general tour guides. I can offer a high quality course for both types of guides and tailor this to their location or sphere of operations. I have also been involved in the training of TIC and other frontline tourist staff in general awareness of the opportunities for wildlife watching available to tourists locally.
- 2018. Assessor for the Speyside Wildlife Identification course.
- 2016 to date - Mentor on the Scottish Tourist Guide Association Blue Badge Guide training course.
- 2013. Delivered a 3-day introduction to Wildlife Guiding Course at RSPB Mersehead, Dumfries-shire for WildSeasons.
- 2011. Completed the first part of qualification to become a Certified Interpretive Trainer for the National Association of Interpretation.
- 2010 - Development and delivery of a 1 day mountain wildlife identification course to Outdoor Professionals in the Cairngorms National Park.
- 2010 to date - Delivery of the core guiding skills section of the Aigas Field Centre new wildlife guides course.
- 2008 to date – Delivery of the wildlife section of the Scottish Tour Guide Association Blue Badge Guide course.
- 2008 – Developed and delivering a new guides course for the Highlands of Scotland Tour Guides Associations.
- 2008/9 – Delivering a section of the Aigas Field Centre new wildlife guides course.
- 2007 – Developed an outline for a Wildlife Guiding course and qualification for Wild Scotland.
- 2007 – Qualified as Scottish Tourist Guide Association Guide Trainer.
- 2002 – Developed a wildlife awareness course for staff working within TICs in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.